Sunday, June 5, 2011

1 out of 8 equals 25%????

My husband's a brilliant man.  He teaches upper level science courses and can figure farm figures in his head quick as lightening, but diaper math throws him for a serious loop.  Shortly after our daughter was born, I heard from one of my co-workers that Brian had told her at an inservice that Gracelyn was doing great (she was), she was sleeping all night (she wasn't; he just didn't get up or even hear her), and he was doing 25% of the diaper changes.
I started cracking up!  At that time, we were doing 10-12 diaper changes a day; one with each bottle.  He was changing ONE of those.  I quickly explained that he was obviously very mistaken about the number of diapers our little darling was producing each day.
I tried setting him straight the next morning by asking him to go do his "25%".  Being facetious did not help him realize the error of his ways.  All he did was laugh, and now the phrase has caught on so now when he changes his diaper of the day he informs me he's off to change his 25%.  On the rare occasion he changes two, he's up to 50% despite there being eight diapers (give or take) each day now.  I haven't had to be gone yet to see what would happen to the percentages if he had to change all the diapers in a day.   Could be interesting to find out though!

No comments:

Post a Comment