Monday, June 13, 2011

I Just Saved $195

No not on car insurance....on tires.
Every time we have to get a nail hole patched it's fifteen dollars, and I just picked up thirteen nails out of our driveway.  I'm pretty sure I'm on the Christmas card list of the secretary of the tire shop; she gets to spend quality time with me on a regular basis.  Usually, I'm in getting a tire (or two) fixed at least once a month.  I have more patches in my tire than a hobo has in his jeans.  The guys fixing the tires are always impressed with the number of nails my tires can hold.  After one patching session, the repairman came out shaking his head and informed me I'd had eight nails in my tire.  He wasn't sure how it had been holding air.
Three years ago we moved in a modular home, but first had to tear down a hundred year old house that consisted of three rooms hodge podged together so needless to say we have an abundance of loose nails. We have magnet that we take over the drive, but it seems our soil grows them.....after a hard rain like we had the other night, more sprout up.

No comments:

Post a Comment