Friday, June 24, 2011

Rent-a-Husband

Anyone have a husband for rent?  I'm looking for someone with lots of spare time, good with lawn mowers and weed eaters, good at building things, handy at taking things apart and putting them back together, and did I mention time.  My honey-do list continues to grow, but my poor husband is never home to do it.
My husband fits all of the criteria above except the time part.  Most women have husbands with nine to five jobs, and when their home on evenings and weekends, they can work on household and yard projects.  When you're married to a rancher, that's just not the case.  He leaves by eight in the morning for the ranch (earlier if he's baling) and doesn't get home until around eight in the evening (it can be much later depending on what is going on), and by the time he gets home, he's usually pooped out.  With harvest coming up, it's doubtful I'll see him awake more than an hour maybe two at the most.  There are also no weekends off.  Farm ground and cattle don't count one day more special than the others.  The running joke is "put it on my list".  The problem is the man's going to have to take a couple months off from the ranch to accomplish all of it at this point.
So if you know a deck buildin', basement finishin', weed whackin', chicken house paintin', baby gate hangin', dish washer fixin' kind of a guy laying around let me know.  I'll put him to work!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you need your daddy to come visit for a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete