Sunday, August 28, 2011

Back to Work


It’s been a long time since I’ve posted anything to my blog, and I’m very sorry.  I actually really miss writing almost everyday.  It’s the time of year I go back to school, and those of you who are teachers or have been around teachers know that as soon as August hits, it’s time to hit the school.  
The first part of August, I was just getting my room ready.  Unpacking boxes (I had to move rooms), putting up posters, running copies, and organizing for the year.  Then we had a week of inservice, and this past week was our first week with kiddos. 
Nothing says chaos better than the first few days of school especially when it’s hotter than blue blazes (no air conditioning in our building) and school releases at 1:00.  Each class is shortened so you barely have time to introduce a concept, kids are having trouble with lockers so they’re coming in at millions of different times, schedules are changing, everyone is learning the rules, and kids trying to figure out their schedules.  Teachers can spend every moment of their lives working grading, lesson planning, finding activities, figuring out technology, and worrying about this kid or that problem.
Any way, that is why I haven't been blogging lately.  I am going to try to do a little better in the coming weeks.  Stay tuned for tomorrow's blog on our switch to cloth diapers!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment