Monday, August 1, 2011

School's Almost Here

If I haven't mentioned how much I love summer already, I should have.  I LOVE summer! LOVE it!  I love piddling in my garden, staying inside in my air conditioning, doing what I want all day, and most importantly and my absolute favorite part, being at home with my baby.  We pretty much lay on the floor playing silly baby games all day long.
Today I had to go up to my classroom and start unpacking boxes (this is the second year in a row that I've moved rooms).  Our buildings have no air conditioning which makes me want to go back less (as much as I love summer, I hate being hot).
Plus it was the worst morning ever for me this morning. I had to take one dog to the vet for shots.   I got home and decided I better get stuff unpacked in my room since I only have two weeks left of summer.  I went to  back out of the drive, and our dog who always lays under the vehicle didn't get out like she normally does when I turn the engine over so I hit her.  I don't think it is serious because she is walking around and lets me touch the leg.  Then I went to drop the baby off at the babysitters, and she screamed bloody murder because she's had me home 24/7 all summer long.
Perhaps the district could just extend summer a little longer.....

No comments:

Post a Comment