Monday, August 29, 2011

Cloth Diapers

After months of debate and straddling the fence, I've taken the leap and started cloth diapering.  Before G was born, I had looked into cloth diapers but decided disposable diapers were worth the convenience.  After several months of emptying the Diaper Genie and seeing how much money and non-biodegradable waste was going into the dump, I started exploring cloth diapers again.
We have several friends who cloth diaper and love it so I started there asking as many questions as I could, and then I studied the surprising number of online cloth diaper choices and how to go about it (the number of kinds of cloth diapers is REALLY amazing).  I wavered back and forth for several months because disposable diapers are very convenient, and I work full time so I don't like wasting time on mundane tasks such as laundry.
Here are the things that finally made me take the leap:
-Our friends who cloth diaper LOVE it and would much rather use the cloth diapers than a disposable diaper.
-Once you pay for the cloth diapers, you can reuse them over and over for each kid.
-No more hauling diapers to town to the dumpster.
-Many people say it is easier to potty train with cloth diapers.
-Cloth diapers have made many improvements since the cloth diapers of our grandparents.

On Wednesday, I will post some of the tips I picked up from my research!

Diaper cover and insert

No comments:

Post a Comment