Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Mommy's Day Out

I LOVE being a mommy, and I have LOVED every minute of getting to spend the summer with G.  BUT.....she does make it much more difficult to shop.  Walking around a mall and spending hours trying on clothes doesn't have nearly the same appeal.
A friend suggested we leave our little ones in Daddy daycare and go to the outlet mall three hours away in Colorado.  We loaded up with her oldest daughter early in the morning for a girls' day out.    It was really nice to shop, chat, and relax.  My friend is really good at making good conversation so the three hour trip didn't seem very long at all.  We did both worry about how our little ones were faring with the daddies.
My friend calls to see how it was going at her house.  Her husband informs her that he has taken the kids to the activities center, the library, the museum, and was having a water balloon fight.
I call my husband worried that G is giving him fits.  He informs me that she had already taken two hour and a half long naps (for me she takes a couple of 20 minute naps and one longer nap).   He'd also had no poopy diapers (the day before I'd gotten three, and I've already gotten one this morning).  Other than that they'd played, sang, worked on standing, and were having a great day.  He also called excitedly to ask if it was normal for her to be sitting in her crib after being laid down for a nap.   No!!!! Not normal!!!!  She had sat up all by herself for the first time for him, and he thinks he heard her say da.  I may have to go shop more often!


No comments:

Post a Comment