Friday, August 5, 2011

A Case of the Mommies

I'm lucky enough to have had a couple of months of being home with my daughter over summer break.  For most of the break, it's been just us all day, every day.  It's been incredibly wonderful to get to see all the changes and spend so much quality time together, but my daughter has caught a case of the mommies.  She really wants me to snuggle her, feed her, play with her, and not pass her off to all the open arms of friends and family (unless I'm nearby so she can see or hear me).  Secretly (or not so secretly anymore), I love having her want me around so much.  I love being the one who can comfort her and make her feel safe.
With school getting ready to start, I've taken her to the babysitter's house a couple of times.  This has resulted in fits of wailing, scrunched up faces, and super pouty bottom lips.  She can screw her face into the saddest looking little face you've ever seen.  It breaks my heart to leave her like that.  I know she'll get over it and probably have more fun with the babysitter than at home, but to start with, it's going to be hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment