Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Tips for Cloth Diapering

As I was looking up cloth diapering, here are a few of the things I learned.

1. You can order everything from the old-fashioned cloth and diaper pin to one-size-fits-all plastic cover snap-in cloth pad-research what kind you want.  (I ordered Best Bottom diapers from nickisdiapers.com)
2. You need a special detergent, or you will get major stink problems.  Free-and-clear detergents aren't really free and clear.  You need one that really has no dyes, enzymes, brighteners, or scents.  There are cloth diaper detergent charts available on-line, and you can order the detergents on-line very easily.
3.  They have diaper sprayers that hook to your toilet line so you can wash poo off into the toilet.  (There is a video on youtube on how to make one much cheaper than buying the kits if you are a handy person)
4.  You can not use traditional diaper rash cream or the diapers will start to repel water.

Those are the most important tips I've picked up so far, and as I do this longer, I'll keep you posted with how it is going!  If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment