Sunday, July 31, 2011

Coming to See the Baby

You definitely know where you rank after having a baby!  It's been pretty funny to watch both of our families as G has come into our lives, and it's pretty funny to watch all the relatives and friends try to act like they want to see us when they really want to see the baby.  Please don't think I'm upset by this baby phenomenon because I'm not, just amused.  I'm very glad we have such loving, supportive families and friends.  I want our daughter to have as much love and support as she can get so if you've been coming by to see "us" (the baby), please don't stop!
People call to come out to see us, but as soon as they get here they scoop up G.  We barely get a hello as they beat a path to get her.  My parents came out a few times before their first grandchild entered the world, and now they find as many excuses as they can to come see "us".  Brian's parents used to be fine seeing me for a meal once in a while.  Now they call to make sure "I" can come over for a meal about once a week.
I now laugh when someone calls and asks if they can come out to see "us".  The truth has been unveiled!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment