Saturday, July 16, 2011

Best Sales Tactic Ever

Yesterday a friend invited me to coffee at our town's new coffee place, and I realized that the owners have found the best sales tactic ever.  The man who operates the coffee shop runs it in the corner of his wife's store.  The store has all kinds of neat house decorating items, gift items, a jewelry section, a screen printing business, and sports shop.  All it needs to be one-stop shopping is bait and tackle, groceries, and beer.  I love to look through all their items but usually end up finding something I "need" so I avoid the store unless I need a gift for someone.
After finishing my Milky Way coffee drink (yes, that's right...chocolate, vanilla, caramel, coffee, and whipped cream!!!!), I of course,had to take stroll through the shop where I found the cutest ever pink barrettes that I decided my daughter "needed".  After purchasing the barrettes, I realized that this was going to be a problem.  The Siren song of the coffee would lure me in, and then poof there I'd be in the middle of all the shiny, pretty items.  Perhaps, I can just take in enough money to buy the coffee or maybe develop some self-control.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Was great to meet you & little one last week. You are SO right abot that coffee shop too-didnt take long before a little thing made me buy it...maybe the caffine & sugar overload weaked me lol. Great blog-I tried posting from my own google account and it went in a loop requesting verification over and over-wierd(fyi). Great down to earth stuff you write about:) ~Robin W (Julias mominlaw)

    ReplyDelete