Friday, July 29, 2011

Colorado

Sorry I haven't been posting as often the last several days.  I FINALLY convinced my husband to leave the farm for a few days (you have no idea how hard that is-it's almost an act of congress).  His college roommate and his family have a family cabin in a town outside of Gunnison and were up there for several weeks.  They had kindly invited us, and after much begging on my part, I convinced Brian to go.  It was amazing.  The temperatures were never above 80 degrees, and in the morning, were right around 40 degrees. Ahhhhh!!!! There were oodles of mountain trails to drive up that overlooked more mountains, streams, lakes, and forests.  The fields of wildflowers were absolutely gorgeous; I wanted to pick armfuls of them.  I also love that in those little mountain towns you don't have to mow your lawn; you can let it grow wild with flowers.
Over the next couple of days, I will post more about our trip and more pictures.  Here are a few pictures for today!



No comments:

Post a Comment