Sunday, July 24, 2011

Country Church

You know the picturesque country churches you see on postcards?  That's the type of church we attend.  It's a little white church in the middle of nowhere at the crossroads of some country roads.  It's a simple place with simple, country people who radiate the love of the Lord.
When we first visited the church, we giggled at the minister's Mickey Mouse tie and the speaker's overalls, but we could see in the people and message that this was the church for us.  The tie and overalls are now a small part of why we love the church.  There's nothing fancy, no projectors, screens, or booming sound system just the Bible and the word of the Lord through our pastor.  I know we are not mainstream to like our church so simple, but it's what works for us.  There's always something in the sermon I find speaks just to me.
The people of the church have welcomed us with open hearts and supported us through the trials of finding out our daughter has Down Syndrome.
Every time I leave, I feel challenged to grow, and I hope that everyone can find a church that makes them feel the same way.

1 comment:

  1. Made me laugh and cry, Anne...thank you:) We are so glad to worship Jesus with you, Brian, and Gracelyn...we love all 3 of you...LOTS!!!!

    ReplyDelete