Monday, July 25, 2011

Worst Forecaster Ever

I am the worst weather woman EVER.  My unofficial job is to watch radar and text the men when they need to tarp grain carts, get off tractors, etc.  The weather out here in western Kansas is very unpredictable, and I have decided to just quit watching radar and get a weather rock.
I can watch a storm on radar follow a path that looks like it is going to pound us, and then disappear at the county line.  I've watched storms make V around us.  I've seen storm after storm disappear around us only to reform just to the east of us.  It's crazy, and it makes predicting when others should quit field work very exasperating.  After watching a storm build at the county line, texting the men to get out the tarps, and then watching it dissipate before getting to us, I told my husband to hook the rock weather station to the front of his equipment.  It will be more accurate than I am.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I'm about that accurate at predicting storms, too!

    (Btw, I'm Alyssa, originally from Goodland, and a friend of Brian's. We did Science Olympiad, etc. together in High School)

    ReplyDelete